BE MY GUEST
Welcome to Rio
We hunt from camp every day and offer a wide variety of species on the property which is roughly 6000 acres with 3500 acres high fenced. The area is located in the Free-State Province of South Africa. Landscapes are grassy and mountainous with lots of bush cover. Strictly walk and stalk hunting is done on the property as the animals are habituated to the vehicles for photographic reasons.
Springbuck - Common, Black, White, Copper and Kalahari
Contact the outfitter with specific animals you would like to hunt and a package will be customised for you. These packages can include all food and drinks for the entire duration of your stay. We also include airport pick up and drop-off from Bram Fischer International Airport in Bloemfontein. Packages exclude flight tickets, permits and taxidermy work.
Payments are made via an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or card payment on site. We require a 50% of total day fee deposit for plains game hunts and a 50% trophy fee deposit for big game hunts.
pack & travel info
weapons & equipment
• A mid-range caliber rifle is suitable for a plains game hunt
• .270, .308, 7mm, 30-06, .338 or similar are all suitable
• For dangerous game minimum requirement is a .375 H&H
• Always hunt with the rifle you feel most comfortable with
• Variable scope 2-7, 3-9, etc. can help
• Rifle sling
• 60 rounds of Ammunition (good quality soft point)
• Belt style cartridge holder
• Locking hard gun case for travel (we have soft cases for
traveling while we hunt)
• Camera (extra batteries)
• Video camera
• International voltage converter (Radio Shack) – SPECIFY
• 3 pairs of cotton trousers
• 3 cotton shirts (long and short sleeve)
• Hunting coat or lightweight down jacket (brown, green,
kaki or camo)
• Hat or cap
• Comfortable camp shoes
• Pair of boots, lightweight, preferably waterproofs, for
• Wool or down sweater
• Pair of lightweight gloves
• 3 undershorts and -shirts
• 3 pairs of socks
• Suntan lotion
• Personal travel kit (razor, etc.)
• Tick repellent
Laundry is done daily
Nights are cold May through September in South Africa; a jacket is usually required on a truck or at the campfire, temperatures can
go down to -10 degrees celsius (10-20 Fahrenheit)
Camouflage is acceptable
in South Africa
africa hunting trips
A Ndloti guide will pick you up at OR Tambo International Airport. Thereafter, you will sleep one night and fly/drive to the destination country. No time will be spent at Ndloti lodge unless requested as these concessions are more than 1000km apart. All drinks and food included.
Max no of people that can be accommodated is two people. May through September are the best months to book these hunts.
Hunts can vary from camp or fly-camps - which are temporary structures and usually tented. Hunting in these countries usually goes after one specific (high profile) species, but should other opportunities present themselves it is in your hands whether you would like to take the shot or not.
Typical species to book a hunt for:
Plains Game - A Kalahari experience like no other, thick brush and soft sand
give you a tracking opportunity that will make any plains game hunter want
to go back time and time again. You will hunt on a 14000 acre high fenced
ranch bordering the Central Kalahari game Reserve of Botswana. Hunting
consists of looking for and finding fresh tracks of the species that you are
targeting, tracking/stalking until a shot presents itself.
Plains game also available:
Plains Game Available:
• Blue Wildebees
• Red Heartebees
Dangerous Game - Please contact the outfitter directly about these hunts.